To upgrade your legacy version of Contacts Manager to version 4.0, you have to follow the below steps:
- Open Contacts Manager console.
- Right-click All Contacts Lists Node.
- Select backup, and choose where to save your backup file, and then click ok.
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Uninstall Contacts Manager.
- Refer to the following guide to install Contacts Manager version 4.0 Contacts Manager version 4.0 installation guide.
- After you succrssfully install Contacts Manager version 4.0, Right-click All Contact Lists Node, select Restore, and choose your backup file, and then click ok.
Note: Contacts Manager version 4.0 must be installed on a physical or virtual machine that join domain and that doesn't hold any Lync Server or Active Directory role.